if + present simple + will
- If I learn, I'll pass the exam.
- If we don't hurry up, we will be late.
- What will you do if you don't go to London?
if + past simple+ would/could
- If I learnt, I would pass the exam.
- If I won the lottery, I would be rich.
- If the football tickets were available, I would pay any price for them.
if + past perfect + would have
- If I had learnt, I would have passed the exam.
- If he had worked hard in all his subjects, he would not have failed this semester.
- If we had been more careful, we would not have had the accident.
If + present simple + present simple
- If you ring this number, nobody answers.
- If you drink, you don't drive the car.